August 23, 2010

What "Diet" Do You Choose to Follow?

I attended a vegan cooking class at my local health food store yesterday. It was GREAT! Met some very nice and interesting people who were all trying to be healthier in some way. I met a man ( Hi Tristan!) if you are reading this....
He said he was following a special diet in a book he had found out about. He said he felt much better on this diet. My two concerns were that:
1) He wasn't supposed to eat all day and had a LARGE meal before bed.
2) He ate A LOT of meat on this diet

Just a note to Tristan and everyone as a reminder, including myself! (I need to get my blood levels checked as well! I have been on supplements for my Vitamin D3 as well as B12 and I need to see how that is going. Do I need more are my "stores" adequate now?)

 Make sure when you try a special diet change, whether for food allergic/intolerance reasons, or to better your health...know that you are using yourself as a "guinea pig" and you should make sure that after 3-6 months on a diet you get your blood levels checked by your physician to make sure that your blood results are getting better or at least staying level (if they are in the proper ranges to start). It is also great to get your blood levels checked as a baseline BEFORE you start the diet to judge what direction that diet is taking you in.

If you can afford it, one of the best blood tests I have found and had done is the Metametrix Cardio Ion. See below for info.
http://www.metametrix.com/test-menu/profiles/integrated-profiles/cardio-ion

Make sure your blood results are getting better, whatever diet you choose to follow/or whatever foods you choose to eat! To your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment