August 15, 2012

Green Up Your Home

One of the things I disagree with is use of the CFL (Compact Florescent Lightbulbs). CFL's have mercury inside and I don't think anyone inventing these bulbs was really thinking about this one...where do CFL's go when they "die" or break? Did you know you are supposed to take them to a recycling collection unit that handles toxic wastes? Did you know that if a CFL breaks in your home you should contact an environmental company that removes mercury. I'll stick to incandescent or LED if you have the money...LED's can be VERY expensive.

The rest of this article looks good and I will incorporate more things into our "new" home (it was built in the 1950's but it is new to us....

No comments:

Post a Comment