April 30, 2009

Lupus Hope Cookbook blog

I have added a link to another blog that I started called the "Lupus Hope Cookbook " http://lupushopecookbook.blogspot.com . One of the issues many people I have talked to, and myself included, run into is cravings for a certain food that you aren't supposed to have because of food allergies/intolerances.

I have added this cookbook to help myself and others to cope with these cravings. I will also mention if you have severe cravings, make sure you get tested for food allergies/intolerances as these severe cravings can be your body craving... for instance, say, milk or wheat like a junkie craves a drug. If you have severe cravings your body is out of balance somehow and you need to cure that first.

My 2 cravings, most times, are sweets and chocolate. Thankfully both showed well (zeros) on my IgG test and strong(muscle tests) on my kinesiology tests. My cravings are not overwhemling so I am not concerned.

Also I have some friends that want to get healthier on a better diet so please enjoy the recipes. Use the recipes in place of you old favorites (Dana, there are hazelnut truffles for you to replace the "Hazelnut cream/ Nutella" Nutella has MILK in it!)

If you have a problem, as I do, with gluten and dairy, make sure you pick gluten free/dairy free chocolate to make the treats with. There are chocolate chips and chocolate bars in the grocery stores or health food stores for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment