April 30, 2009

Results of my IgG testing

I saw my doctor and he said to continue on with my GF, dairy free, egg free, asparagus free, cranberry free diet from the results of my IgG test.

I was looking for more information on implementing a rotation diet, so I spoke with the moms at GFCFkids@yahoogroups.com and their advice on the testing was that the DAN (Defeat Autism Now) Doctors usually say to rotate the 1's and take the 2's and up out of the diet for 6 months. This is the protocol for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.

Adults should take out 1's and up for 6 months and do a trial re-entry of the offending foods back into the diet at that later date.(I won't do a re-entry of foods until I test again and I may wait longer than 6 months) Most of the testing that the GFCF moms deal with are from Alletess Labs and they only have 1s, 2s, and 3s on their tests. I am trying to see if I can get someone to send me the email that Alletess Labs sends with their results of their IgG testing.

The email that I received from the doctor on Biotek Lab says to eliminate 4's and up and rotate the other foods, unless your practitioner tells you otherwise (he did tell me otherwise) . I will not do that. I will stay on the diet I am presently on and add foods back very slowly that are zeros and I haven't had because of my kinesiology testing. I am doing very well at this point and I don't want to ruin my progress.

I will stick with the doctor's advice and GFCF moms, as usual, and eliminate the 1's and up, eating only the zeros. and still keeping a close eye on my food/symptom journal when adding in foods that are a zero on my IgG but showed weak in my kinesiology tests. I may wait a while on that though, it seems as if the "Rare Foods" Diet has really helped me at this point! So I will continue with that for now with the zeros on the IgG test.

No comments:

Post a Comment