April 22, 2009

Testing for allergies... and the "Rare Foods Diet"

Hi! I am anxiously awaiting the results of my IgG blood tests for food allergies. I will finally have something on paper, although I heard negatives on the test are usually definite negatives. Positive results can be false positives :( That upsets me a bit...



I decided since something was still bothering my body (I am still getting rashes on my forarms and calves and stomach and a few red face episodes) that I would try the next step in Sherry Rogers book that is "The Caveman Diet" of the "Rare Foods Diet" or sometimes called the "Paleolithic Diet" or the "Paleo Diet".



I found a great link for info www.drcranton.com/elimination_diet.htm .

I seem to be feeling even better on this diet! I am wondering what my blood test will show. Maybe by doing the caveman diet, I have eliminated any lingering foods that I am not supposed to have? I will let you know about my progress...

I would have never guessed that I could be so structured in my eating and have such a resolve to eat/or not eat whatever is necessary for me to feel better and even possibly be well!

OK now time to 'fess up... I still have a hard time keeping up with my exercising...it got cold in NY again and I HATE the cold! I should also find an exercise class so I have to go. I love the idea of Tai Chi and QiGong but I have a hard time putting it into my daily routine. I know that when the weather gets warmer I love to be outdoors...I heard it will be warm Fri and Sat...I am WAITING!!!!

Have a great day! and "Here's to... Your Health!"

No comments:

Post a Comment