May 23, 2009

Power Eating

My dad passed away a couple weeks ago, and although that was a super sad thing, it kind of was bittersweet because at least I got to see family I normally don't see. My family is all spread out...
I was talking to my brother Mike and explaining my Lupus and what I have done to help it. I said my whole family(except my son) needed to go gluten free, and my daughter and I need to be gluten free and dairy free and my son just needs to be dairy free.
I explained to my brother that it was easy to lose weight this way because we don't eat much bread(only GF) and never any cheese(only my husband can eat dairy), not much junk food and lots of treats that we eat are homemade.

He said what do you eat? AndI explained that we eat chicken taco salad(without cheese) and meat and fish and tons of veggies and fruits, and VERY LITTLE junk food. Especially for me because I have Lupus, I eat almost all for nutrition. I used to eat for taste, for fun...but now I eat what is nutritious and what will help my body cleanse and get enough nutrients to heal.
Mike said, "Oh, it's like Power Eating" and the lightbulb went off...yes, I LOVE that way of thinking of it...Power Eating.... that's what I do. I used to think that what I put in my mouth didn't have much consequence, but now I have seen and learned that it is one of THE MOST important and useful tools we have in our arsenal to wipe out disease! Eat for your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment