December 18, 2009

New Allergies

I had an ALCAT allergy test done at the new doctor. I now have allergies to turkey, white potatoes, cauliflower, sunflower and olive(and their oils/products), avocado, apple, bayleaf, coconut, lemon, cucumber,pineapple, in additions to the other long list I already have....(many of these foods I am presently eating and they now have become an issue, my body has become allergic to them now too!)

I am to avoid completely haddock,malt,oat, spelt,  and gluten in general, all dairy, all eggs and egg products(chicken is included in that family), yeast, cauliflower,mustard,olive, sunflower, beet sugar.
Many of those things I don't eat already, but it seems I am creating allergies to foods I had been eating that were OK.

I was using olive oil to cook with, now I cannot have it...it is a high allergy. I have to revamp my whole menu AGAIN! AHHHH!

4 comments:

  1. Toni,

    The ALCAT Test is different from IgG testing that you may have had in the past. Keep in mind food intolerances change, so the foods that you have previously been avoiding that did not so as reactive on the ALCAT Test can now be eaten as specified by your ALCAT Test Results. The only thing you should be avoiding other than what showed on the ALCAT Test are type one foods (immediate reactions). if you need assistance with the test results contact me directly.

    Regards,

    Joe Davis
    Jdavis@alcat.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Joe said, except I would avoid the foods in question for a while. When you have abused your body (unknown to you) over the years and acquire so many autoimmune issues/diseases you build up sensitivities to certain foods or food groups (i.e. night shades, meats, etc)that affect the lining of your stomach, your small intestine (villi - those tiny fingers that absorb nutrition that can be damaged by food sensitives and keep you from healing). I have a long list as well, but choose to focus on what I CAN have at the moment (your sensitives do change as you heal and are able to reintroduce foods again) and know that this is just another chapter in the book of healing EVERYTHING that is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried a rotation diet? It's a pain but really helps with people who have leaky gut. I was tested a while back, and all of my staples were on that test. I avoided the higher value allergies completely for 6+ months and started a rotation diet. I was able to introduce foods back in. This reminds me I need to be more diligent again. For a while I was eating coconut every day, and made sure to avoid it for a couple months and start rotating again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Cami, Lisa and Joe,

    I will try your advice. Cami I have started a rotation diet as per the new doctor. I was on Inflamex 360Plus for almost a year..I thought my leaky gut had healed. Thanks guys for caring, it means a lot!

    Toni

    ReplyDelete