December 18, 2009

A Quick Note on my Life and my Doctor's Visit

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are getting ready for the holidays! Count those blessings!

 I am a little down this year as I had lost my parents this past spring/summer. Even though I usually don't even get to visit them(they lived far from me)...there's just a hole in my heart that they're not here anymore...especially on Christmas! My family and my husband's family members all live far away also.

Also my husband's dad just passed away about a week and a half ago....it's not the usual happy go lucky holidays for us....then add to that that our marriage is hurting from all the stress and loss and we are going to see a marriage counsellor.

Add to this that I found out at my doctor's visit that I now have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis! For symptoms see the link below, turns out I am a classsic, I have just about all the symptoms....

Heart Palpitations - yes
Fatigue -yes
Depression -yes
Modest weight gain -no
Cold intolerance- yes
Excessive sleepiness- yes
Dry, coarse hair- yes
Constipation - yes
Dry skin - yes
Muscle cramps - yes
Increased cholesterol levels - yes
Decreased concentration - no
Vague aches and pains - yes
Swelling of the legs - no


http://www.medicinenet.com/hashimotos_thyroiditis/article.htm


 OK Come on now....I had been feeling run down, thought it was all the stress and sadness. I am feeling majorly let down, I can't believe I have gotten another disease, as I thought I had been taking such great care of myself and I thought I was getting better.

I forgot to get copies of my bloodwork, they said they will send them, so I will let you know more when I get the copies to go through.

They also mentioned that I may possibly have Lyme's disease but I will try to pin them down on that...they think I have it...I'll tell you more about that after I study up on Lyme's and on my blood test results when I receive them.

3 comments:

  1. remember, those that pass on want us to live life to the fullest and REMEMBER THOSE THAT ARE STILL HERE. Make this the BEST holiday ever, instead of the saddest/worst. Try having a new tradition where you tell your "favorite story" about each person who has passed on. That keeps them in your heart and reminds everyone else that they are still with us in spirit. God bless you and your family this holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you have had such a rough year. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cami and Lisa,
    Thanks again for the words of encouragement.
    Sat and had a pity party after the doctor for about 24 hours(you know how it is) then hopped back on the "bandwagon". Started the rotation diet...am taking my "mercury challenge" test today...researching thyroid disease...etc!

    Toni

    ReplyDelete