February 15, 2010

My Cold? Flu? Detox?

I have heard and read 2 different viewpoints on sicknesses in the past.

1) That your body gets colds/fevers to discharge the "excesses" (like a "healing crisis", click on the link for a definition)   http://www.falconblanco.com/health/crisis.htm
 that you have accumulated. Excess fats, meats, toxins,sugar...etc.

2) That you get a cold/fever because there are germs in the air and your body "caught it". Therefore your immune system is weak.

My daughter came up with a third scenario, that your body lets down it's guard, on purpose, so you can get sick to discharge the excesses.....interesting....

I hope my body was detoxifying....

Also I heard that during winter our bodies store excess and in the spring they purge them....I am impatiently waiting for the spring....I heard it is easier to do "cleansing" in the spring because in the winter your body doesn't want to let go of the toxins as easily...

1 comment:

  1. A cold is your body's way of telling you to take a break. We think of common colds as being minor illnesses and often try to ignore them and go on about our daily routines; this often drags out the symptoms and prolongs the illness.

    walk in clinic Hanover

    ReplyDelete