November 25, 2009

How My Blood Work Improved

My last blood work was in June 2009. I hope to go for new blood work in December or January. I have to OK it with the doctor/s.

My thyroid test is fine. (I haven't had a doctor check yet for anti thyoid antibodies...I'll ask next time I go for blood work)

B12- low(am taking supplements)
D3-low(am taking supplements)
Ferritin(Iron) -slightly  low(eating more  dark green leafy veggies)

CBC levels are all on target except for hemoglobin/hematocrit (slightly low---due to iron defficiency)

Fasting glucose 80 ! (Dr. Oz said to shoot for 75, I'm close!)
Metabolic Panel is all on target

Cholesterol went from 205 in Jan 2008 to 167 in June 2009
LDL was 135 , HDL was 46  in 2008

June 2009
HDL 53
LDL 101(could come down a little)
Triglycerides 64

Cardio CRP is a 0.7 (low inflammation!)
Homocysteine is a 7.5 (low inflammation)
Hemoglobin A1C  5.7(no diabetes)
ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) 9

Bad News as of June 2008 (but still working on my health to get rid of these Lupus markers)
Still  have DS DNA double stranded DNA
Still have anti cardiolipin antibodies(AB IGG)
still have antiphospholipid antibodies
still have an ANA of 1:80 with a speckled pattern(went down from a 1:160)

2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks amazing Toni! Excellent ESR and CRP, and it is super that you are comfortable with understanding every aspect of your bloodwork, and that your doctors are happy to take the time to break it down for you.
    Sounds like you are doing everything right :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaista,

    I don't understand every aspect...but I understand the most important parts! Really my doctors don't break it down for me...I read books and study the internet articles! I am my own healthv advocate...and my own nutritionist too!(I started with going to a nutritionist and then read tons of books/watch TV shows and read the internet articles) The best advice I can give is read,and learn as much as you can!

    Toni

    ReplyDelete