August 4, 2010

Juicing with a Vitamix Causes Loss of Enzymes?

Read this if you get a chance...I had always thought it was odd that macrobiotics teaches you to be so gentle when preparing your foods. The energy you put into the preparation is in your food also. Made me think more about my Blendtec Blender...
I had been thinking prior to this post that you really beat up the food when you put it in a blender/pulverizer...

http://www.happyjuicer.com/juicing-information/gerson-therapy-juicers.asp

1 comment:

  1. When I made homemade cooked spaghetti sauce and put it in the Blendtec Blender it turned the sauce from a bright red color to an orangey "vodka sauce" like color. Looks like there is oxidation going on...
    On the other hand, if you are choosing whether to eat a McDonald's hamburger or a Blendtec smoothie, by all means do the Blendtec or Vitamix Smoothie. It is still more nutrtious HANDS DOWN!

    ReplyDelete