September 29, 2010

"Dangerous Grains" is an Outrageous Book!

Dangerous Grains  by James Braly MD is one of my TOP recommended reads! I really am amazed at all the information in this book. From all the information on Celiac Disease vs gluten intolerance and so many tests that can diagnose Celiac Disease or other gluten issues. Diseases that are exacerbated by gluten intolerance. Vitamin and mineral deficiencies caused by gluten intolerance, leaky gut, gluten intolerance causing other food allergies/intolerances, and how these can cause other diseases and issues in the body. Brain disorders and gluten and more.

And the "piece de resistance" in the forward of the book on page X. It tells of a Dr. Reading in Australia that had over 100 patients with SLE (Lupus) that came to him with all the symptoms of Lupus and positive blood tests for Lupus. After he treated them, they were symptom free and had negative blood tests for 5 years or more (at the time the doctor that wrote the forward met Dr. Reading)

It also has several appendices :
Appendix A - Common Signs and Symptoms of Celiac Disease
Appendix B - Hidden Sources of Gluten (and Safe Choices)
Appendix C - Autoimmune Diseases Frequently Found in Celiac Disease
Appendx D - Comprehensive List of Gluten- Associated Medical Conditions

You will be shocked and amazed as you read some of what is attributed to gluten intolerance! If you don't believe it though, just research more about it on the internet.

I  found this book at my local library, but will purchase it, it is a keeper! Please take the time to request it from your local library or purchase it and read it, it will help you on your journey to be well, if you read it and follow it's advice!

http://lupushope.blogspot.com/2010/09/dangerous-grains-why-gluten-cereal.html My other blog post on this book. If you click on the link at Amazon you can read the forward about Dr. Reading's Lupus patients.

1 comment:

  1. I am currently following the protocol established by Dr. Reading under the care of Dr. Wright, who wrote the intro to this book. My diet is completely grain-free, dairy-free, legume-free and the only beverage I drink is water. I also take various supplements. I'm severely allergic to NSAIDS and the lupus medications I was prescribed (prednisone, plaquenil, and methotrexate) made me blinder and sicker than the lupus (it hit my central nervous system, including optic nerve). My symptoms are gone and I feel better than I have in YEARS. The diet is worth trying--stick with it. It can take a year or more to fully realize the benefits, depending on how badly your body was hit (hey, it can take months for plaquenil to work, too). Btw, curcumin supplements (derived from turmeric) provided immediate relief for my worst symptoms (extreme nerve pain and inability to walk)--they got better within each passing day; high doses of fish oil plus vitamin E are providing longer term anti-inflammatory relief (took 1-2 months to notice). My vitamin D levels were practically 0, and taking D has made me much less prone to getting sick. Vitamin B supplements helped many other neurological symptoms, especially trigeminal neuralgia, which I had on both sides. Good luck to all lupus patients. Try the diet--it can't hurt, and could help.

    ReplyDelete