December 5, 2011

Blanket over head but still see...???



This is one of the strangest phenomena that had happened to make me aware that I had health "issues".

Figured I would mention it as maybe others have encountered the "feeling" but didn't know what it was.

The feeling I am talking about is when I would eat foods especially with gluten, dairy and eggs or even worse combos of all three ingredients, I would feel such a profound drop in my energy that it felt like someone put a heavy blanket over my head but I could still see...it felt as if someone was pulling the energy right out of me through my feet.

Some foods that would do this (many times I thought it was the sugar...but now when I eat sugar occasionally in Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free goodies I don't get this feeling) donuts, french toast, bread, bagels and cream cheese, cake, cookies etc.

One day I started out my day with 2 Dunkin Donuts (about 7 years ago) and felt as if someone had walloped me. Felt like just going back to bed ASAP....I told my husband NEVER let me have donuts for breakfast again! That was before I new I had food allergies/intolerances...but I felt that profound energy drop for me at that time. It wasn't always like that I had eaten foods like that all my life previously and I guess after a while my body screamed " I can't take it anymore!"

No comments:

Post a Comment