July 10, 2009

Update on doctor's tests/Pep talk to take a "Leap of Faith"

The echo-cardiogram came back normal.
After all the scares and worry about my Antiphosphilipid Antibodies (higher blood clotting possibility)my INR is normal at 1.1
my prothrombin time is normal too at 11 seconds. That makes me feel better about that.
My cholesterol is a 164 (under 150 and you have virtually no risk of heart disease- I'll try to get it to 150)
When I bring up my change of diet many people say "Good for you, I could never do that!"
Well I never thought I could do it either, I was the biggest junk food junkie out there.
When I saw books that said what to do, then saw a nutrtionist and she agreed on what I needed to do, then saw an allergy test and it agreed, I finally gave it the old leap of faith changed my diet, and felt better. Now.... if I feel better and my blood tests show I'm better and I'm not just imagining it...How on EARTH would I want to eat junk food again. I am a good cook and I CAN make things to satisfy my cravings for certain foods, although when you change your diet you become more peaceful in mind and body and many, if not all, of your cravings WILL go away! You just need to give it the old "Leap of Faith!". I was reading "Pain Free in 6 Weeks .." again and Dr. Rogers says "If you are in enough pain(suffering/sickness)you WILL change your diet!" Good Luck to ALL of you!
See my http://lupushopecookbook.blogspot.com for recipe ideas. Yum Yum eat 'em up!

No comments:

Post a Comment