July 26, 2009

A couple of not so good days...

Around "that time of the month" this month, I was a little more tired than usual, more joint pain and had a sore(ulcer) in my nose and sores in between 2 teeth in my mouth also. I don't know if I had labeled this symptom of my Lupus I have to look back at that post.

I have heard and read that mouth sores and nose sores can be a symptom of celiac disease(never tested for Celiac but could have it from my symptoms) and /or Lupus. Occasionally I get these...it has been getting less though. I wonder if this is caused by any type of deficiency? I have been taking my vitamins/minerals religiously, but maybe it is something I haven't been taking supplements for yet...? Maybe caused by hormone fluctuations? Also was getting a sun sore on my nose(outside of my nose - discoid Lupus) but it is trying to heal on it's own. Usually I get the beginning redness and a pinchy feeling if I touch my nose by the area of the sore, but they heal themselves before becoming an actual open sore.(never gets scabby and crusty anymore like in the past) I also got the slight "sore throat" that sometimes bothers me too.

I am starting to feel better again, though I went to a "Dog Disc"(frisbee) seminar and felt pretty stiff there(neck and shoulder joints) by the end .(it was 4 hours long) Once I got home I was more relaxed. I did throw the frisbee a lot and also sat in a plastic chair in between turns. Sitting still does definitely stiffen me up more, whether driving in the car or sitting at a meeting.

I seem to be having less bad days though, the B12 supplementation seems to be helping with the heart palpitations I've had lots less, and it does seem to be helping with my enegry levels too.
Everyone that has Lupus should ask their doctor to test B12 and D3 at least... and anything else that you can get your dctor to test for deficiency wise. I think many doctors don't "go there"- looking for deficiencies (my regular primary care physician didn't) and they SHOULD!!!!

2 comments:

  1. For more info on MicroNutrient testing go to:www.spectracell.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information about micronutrient testing, it was EXCELLENT, I should do that test too!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete