July 9, 2009

Technical Difficulties...

I hadn't posted in a little while because my stepmom just passed away. My dad died a little more than 2 months ago also(my real mom passed away when I was 15years old). Well suffice it to say that I realize that stress DOES play a part in my Lupus symptoms. I had been going along just fine, feeling pretty darn good, then my mom passed away and all the staying out late with relatives, the restaurants(even though I didn't eat anything at them), the funeral, wake and burial did cause me to have worse symptoms again. I experienced severe migraine headaches, shoulder pain, neck and shoulder joint pain just as if I had eaten something that I was allergic to.
I kept my diet exactly the same so I wouldn't throw anything off...

I had my husband bring my daughter to camp today so I could relax and sleep in a bit and I am starting to feel better.

What has had me feeling so positive is that, if by accident I feel a little off and ate something that doesn't agree with me, I would just eat veggies/salads and drink water and /or homemade veggie/fruit juices and feel better within a half of a day(about 4-5 hours) my system would clear out the "undesireable food" and the joint pain and /or headache would begin lifting.

It didn't work this time under stress! GRRRRR! Well we live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment