July 29, 2009

A Celiac Talk with Peter Green

Went to a talk on Celiac Disease last night with Peter Green . It was VERY interesting, he urged me to get the Gene Testing for Celiac Disease because if I don't have the gene for Celiac Disease it would rule that out. I will do this when I figure out which doctor can do this test for me. I know I either have Celiac Disease or wheat/gluten intolerance because I feel better when I don't eat gluten and I get stomach problems(diarrhea) when I eat gluten. Also my aches and pains get lessened without the gluten, of course at this point I am allergic/intolerant to so many foods(Peter Green said that this happens with the leaky gut caused by celiac or gluten intolerance so he supports that theory) He suggested an exclusion(elimination) diet to test for allergies and that's what I found best also.

I also have decided I definitely want to become a licensed nutritionist/dietitian. I had been thinking seriously about this, but now I am positively going for it! I need to find out where to go for classes and where I can get financial aid. Wish me Luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment