January 6, 2010

ALCAT Food allergy test

I was told that some of the foods tested will show no allergy/intolerance if you have not ingested them ...so some results are skewed....

Severe Intolerance (as per doctor totally avoid for 3-6 months)

Haddock
Malt
Oat
Spelt

Moderate Intolerance (as per doctor avoid for 3-6 months)

Sugar Beets
Black Pepper
Brewer's Yeast
Cauliflower
Cow's Milk
Hops
Mustard
Olive
Sunflower

Mild Intolerance (as per doctor rotate in every 4 days- much of these are foods that I wasn't intolerant to in the past)

Apple
Asparagus
Avocado
Barley
Bay Leaf
Beef
Coconut
Cranberry
Cucumber
Lemon
Lima bean
Oregano
Paprika
Pineapple
Pinto Bean
Pork
Red Pepper
Soybean
Turkey
White Potato

On this test it said that wheat is and OK food (it is not) and eggs are an OK food (they are not), also on the list of OK foods are bananas, corn, peppers, tomatoes,peanut, buckwheat, lamb,garlic,onion and I know I have digestive upsets or headaches and joit pains when I eat these foods.

I have been rotating the mild intolerance foods in and something is causing an itchy rash so I will do the elimination/rare foods diet again to try to figure out the offending food/s.

One thing I have learned is that these food allergy tests provide a great outline but they don't tell ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment