January 26, 2010

Lupus and Spleen Chi (Qi)

I have been investigating more about Traditional Chinese Medicine(TCM) and Macrobiotics.

Something that has been coming up with many acupuncturists and books I read and holistic people that I meet is that Lupus causes low spleen chi (qi). Warm foods and root vegetables are said to correct this in TCM. So in TCM no matter how much raw food you eat you will not correct the root cause of the disease.

http://www.compassionateacupuncture.com/chinese__medical__dietary__recom.htm
See the spleen deficiency passage.


At the end of this month, January, it will be 2 years since I went Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Egg Free, I also took out many other foods also. At the beginning of my diet changes, though, I replaced the gluten foods with low nutritional value gluten free foods. Breads and cakes and cookies with low nutritional value starches and such....

So probably the first 6 months doesn't count as eating "healthy" but at least I took out a lot of allergy causing foods and lessened the inflammation in my body.

I ate a lot of raw foods throughout the summers and in the winters I go more to warming foods and macrobiotic cooking.

The Kushi Institute sent me a DVD about a  woman with a Lupus-like disease and she tried raw food with Joel Fuhrman and couldn't quite get well, then she tried Macrobiotics and was totally healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment