January 26, 2010

Quick and Easy Cooking

Something I have done recently to speed my cooking (you can do this with raw food too) is to use the food processor with the S-blade.

I wash the veggies and chop them to fit in the food processor, and pulverize them. I get nice small pieces of veggies and I can put them into soups or in with quinoa, brown rice or any other grains. They're also nice small pieces to making chewing easier and are easier for digestion.

This morning I made a pot of quinoa (lots for extra leftovers) and then I put broccoli, fennel, carrots, celery,  chard and shallots in the food processor, mixed the quinoa with the veggies,and made a delicious breakfast for myself, and I have plenty leftover for any other time I get hungry for the next couple of days.

With raw food you could sprout the quinoa or other grain and pulverize the veggies and mix together with a favorite dressing or just salt pepper and lemon and olive oil. (I have developed an allergy to olive oil, lemon, and pepper-go figure- still can have salt though)

Making your meals in advance really helps eating healthy become EASY!

No comments:

Post a Comment