January 25, 2010

Eating to Replace Deficiencies- and a Recipe

Brazil Nut Hearts
                             
 1/2 cup brazil nuts
1/2 cup almonds
 2 dates(soaked)

                               Put nuts in food processor and grind til fine. Add soaked dates and process til well combined. Roll out between parchment paper and cut into shapes. Drizzle with GFCF chocolate melted or your favorite raw chocolate brand  melted. You can add 1/4 tsp cinnamon if you like too! Refrigerate.
These are like eating raw cookie dough hearts, but MUCH healthier for you!

Please see more healthy recipes at

Hi Everyone! My daughter will have midterms this week, so she will be home right after the test each day between Tuesday and Friday of this week, so I may not get to blog as much this week...

Wanted to say a few things before my train of thought goes "off the track"...

I had shared the results of the Cardio Ion Panel in my last post. The test showed some clear deficiencies.
I need to replace a few key nutrients/vitamins/minerals:

For CoQ10, Iron, and Omega 3's and Amino Acids and Fatty Acids I have started to eat sardines (because sardines are small they have a very low mercury/PCB contamination) Eating sardines also showed up well for helping Raynaud's in my research/post about Raynaud's.

Also for CoQ10 and iron spinach! And extra iron any dark green and  leafy , kale,mustard greens, collard greens etc.

For selenium I have added brazil nuts each day. Check out the new delicious treat I came up with  on top of page. These would be great for Valentine's Day! 

Also added some dried fruit for iron, and I have been seaching for organic grass fed beef liver for iron and  CoQ10 but I can't find it in any local stores.

I also am taking all the supplements from my new doctor, I am also supplementing iron and  CoQ10 in capsule form.

No comments:

Post a Comment