November 2, 2010

Orthorexia- an eating disorder, the fear of eating unhealthy foods

A friend once joked with me that some people might say we were orthorexics. But after the talk of the unhealthy foods I still eat at times (my Halloween post) and my very healthy weight....no I'm definitely not overboard with eating healthy....but I do care very much about what goes into my body and do feel that it helps me keep my Lupus symptoms under control.

 Just letting you all know that such a problem exists and that although many people could be very healthy being vegetarian, vegan or raw foodists and maintain a healthy weight... this was not the case with this woman....

Click to read the story and see the video below...

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/orthorexia-obsession-healthy-foods-leads-eating-disorder/story?id=10173614

No comments:

Post a Comment