September 21, 2009

Raw Foods and Allergies

Something "hit" me again lately...and I wanted to write about it for you all. When you are on a raw foods diet or a macrobiotic diet many of the top allergens are not eaten. Beef, eggs, dairy etc.

If you have celiac disease you will want to avoid the grains with gluten, barley,oats rye or wheat. Many people do fine with wheat grass, sprouted wheat but you need to make you own personal decision on this.

I do a mostly raw diet with some macrobiotic diet mixed in. I am also allergic /intolerant to peppers, onions, cranberries, asparagus, corn, tomatoes, garlic, apples, bananas, that could really be incorporated into a raw or macrobiotic diet but in order to feel my best I need to avoid these foods also.

Just a note to keep an eye on your symptoms and if you consistently eat something and that day, or within a day, to 3 days later have a reaction you may want to avoid that food or foods.
I like to keep a food/symptom diary for this purpose.

Good luck finding the foods to eat that make you feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment