October 19, 2009

Organic Cotton Clothes at Walmart

Went to Walmart over the weekend to shop for sweats. It's been 40 degrees and windy and rainy lately here in NY...I need to keep WARM! Thank goodness the high is going up to 52 today and it is sunny and tomorrow and the next few days will be in the 60's again(60's are what the normal temperature should be here, now).

I have been trying to make better and more natural and healthy choices when it comes to things that will be touching my skin. I found that the sweats at Walmart are 50%cotton 50%polyester.
I am trying to stay away from synthetic(fake) materials, so I didn't buy the sweats.

As I was shopping my husband pointed out organic cotton PJ's I bought those instead. There are very nice and warm and comfy, the price wasn't bad either!

I also found pants at Marshall's recently that were bamboo/cotton and very small amount of spandex(OK spandex is synthetic but there was a very small amount) it looks like retail is trying to go organic... yeah!

Also my husband and I have found organic cotton sheets at Walmart and Target!

Everything that touches your skin affects your body, shop for organic clothes if you can find them and get natural made materials, not things created in the laboratory. Have a GREAT day!

2 comments: