March 3, 2010

"The Lupus Recovery Diet" and Kinesiology (A Repost)


The first 6 months of the new diet (allergy free) was VERY challenging, but after that it got to be routine and was very easy, the hardest thing is we bring our own food everywhere with us...and we don't go out to eat often, we home make at least 80% of our food.

My next discovery was that many of the foods I tested weak for were excluded from "The Lupus Recovery Diet" book. OK, this was starting to make sense to me.... I continued to see the Chiropractor/Nutritionist/Kinesiologist(Dr. Christine Gizoni) and she explained to me that "Leaky Gut" or intestinal permeability is present in many diseases, especially autoimmune diseases. I needed to heal my "leaky gut".

Back to the library I went to get "The Lupus Recovery Diet" by Jill Harrington again! I studied again. This time it made sense and somehow do-able. So I eliminated all the foods I tested weak for at the doctor's office. I began to feel better, the doctor was RIGHT! I tested many more foods over many months and my present list of foods to avoid is this: Bananas,tomatoes,wheat,dairy,eggs,gluten,salt,sugar,shrimp(shellfish), beef,yeast,onions,all processed foods,peppers(not the hot chile variety),corn.

What do I eat? (Some of these foods I no longer eat I will highlight the foods I currently eat in wine color)

Salmon(wild caught), sardines, beef and chicken and turkey only occasionally (not very often), tons of organic veggies and fruits, large salads, raw salad dressings like hummus and guacamole, homemade oatmeal cookies, homemade chocolate peanut clusters, I also make homemade raisin pecan clusters) lamb(only occasionally), beans, brown rice, quinoa, brown rice pasta, almond "milk",  and other non dairy milks, nuts, seeds, tofu(very rarely), gluten free oatmeal, homemade brownie bottom "cheesecake", flax crackers, "raw" seed bread, (not eating too much dehydrated raw foods at all lately...) and lots more! I eat a lot less grains now also. I always eat gluten free, egg free and dairy free (GFCasein/DairyFEF). I have a sweet treat now and then of a cupcake or pc of cake (GFCFEF) or some soy ice cream.

Yes some days it is difficult,VERY difficult. I had to relearn to cook with different foods, I MISS some foods and cooking some foods immensely but my HEALTH is worth it! (It has gotten SO much easier now!!!! 4/2011 I have recipes subsitutes for almost any craving I may have!!!!)


In the next post I will tell you how I keep knowing I am on the RIGHT TRACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment