March 27, 2010

My First Shot of Wheat Grass Juice!

Hi All! It's Saturday morning and I tried my first shot of wheat grass juice! I grew the wheat grass from hard winter wheat berries/seeds. See the picture above..

Well I washed the wheat grass, put the wheat grass in my Blendtec blender with a little water a couple of small ice cubes..and pressed "whole juice" then I strained the wheat grass juice through fine sieve.

I was afraid to drink it, because I am allergic/intolerant to wheat/gluten and so I might not be able to tolerate the juice. I had my husband test me with kinesiology (muscle testing for food allergies/intolerances) and I tested strong.  Well to my surprise I didn't mind the taste at all.....the smell was worse to me than the taste.

Also I didn't feel nauseous afterwards, (some people say this happens to them)...I actually kind of liked the taste... I am clearing my throat a lot...and am very nervous that I may have tummy troubles, or my joints may stiffen up or I will get a migraine headache in 1-3 days...those are 3 of the things that happen when I eat a food I am intolerant/allergic to (usually this happens by accident /cross contamination). I will be busy today though, and will not have time to dwell on it.

I will let you all know how it goes....have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Toni,

    I came across yr site tdy. I wanna try taking wheatgrass juice to help with my lupus. Pls tell me how it went for you.

    Thks a mil

    Take care,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toni,

    Now hv seen the rest of yr blog on wheatgrass....I say dont stop trying to heal yrself.

    Pls take care
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brenda and others... see the link below for my after experience with wheat grass juice...sorry to say I personally had issues with it and got fluid in my ear for a few days...wheat is NOT for me!
    http://lupushope.blogspot.com/2010/03/wheat-grass-juice-and-fluid-in-ear.html

    ReplyDelete