August 21, 2009

2 GREAT BOOKS! New Favorites!

I have been reading more of "Breakthrough..Eight Steps to Wellness, Life Altering Secrets from Today's Cutting Edge Doctors" by Suzanne Somers. OK I am not a fan of Suzanne Somers, but because of her care of her looks and health she sought out the top doctors and in this book she interviews them. As a result of this she know how to take care of her health and well being well into her old age. The doctors in her book give amazing information to us, as readers!

Also "The UltraMind Solution...the simple way to defeat depression, overcome anxiety, and sharpen your mind...fix you broken brain by healing your body first" by Mark Hyman MD.
Mark Hyman had an excellent PBS show on recently that I caught one day on TV. When I heard him speak I knew that he was the doctor for me...unfortunately I called to make an appointment and found out he doesn't practice at that location anymore(he has a small practice), so I am going to see his associate. There was a wait of 10 months to see the doctor. Thank you GOD for helping me find that doctor!!!!

After reading these books, by the way, the books' doctors are on the "same page". Oh I'm so clever...I made an ironic funny! (books/"same page") Sorry... I can get very silly when happy!

Anyway I realized why macrobiotics and raw food diets work so well to heal people from any disease. These diets take away the top allergens(most times) and let the immune system relax from fighting the allergens (and therefore keeping the body inflamed/having inflammation)that keep coming in the body so that they can begin doing what they are supposed to do, to protect us from "real" invaders(bacteria and viruses)

The Top food allergens are

gluten(barley,rye,oats,spelt,kamut, wheat, triticale) see www.celiac.com for a complete list of gluten- containing foods
dairy(milk cheese butter yogurt)
eggs
yeast and yeasted products(wine vinegar breads)
corn
peanuts
nightshades(tomatoes, eggplant peppers potato)
citrus fruits(oranges,grapefruits,etc)
soy
I will get another book to expand the allergen list, because I like that it shows the allergen in tiers(most allergic, next allergic and least allergic) that list is in "Healing the New Childhood Epidemics..." by Dr. Kenneth Bock

I have many more allergies/intolerances than that and going on a rare food diet from Dr. Cranton really helped me even more than just avoiding these allergens (even on dr. cranton's plan I needed to pull out some foods he said were acceptable.)

As usual you don't need to buy these books, get them from your public library first then see if you want to buy them after reading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment