August 5, 2009

Electric Free/Farm Stands

We have decided not to have a specific day be "electric free" day. We just go by our schedule. We are trying to do 2 electric free days per week now. We liked it so much! The kids payed more attention to the pets in the household and even played games together at times, or went outside on their swingset... it is a refreshing thing to get away from the video games/TV/ computer in this face paced world!

Yesterday I took a drive out to Eastern Long Island to go to the farm stands out there, the food is much fresher because they are so close to the farms or they even own the farms. The fruit and veggies that I get there are so different from grocery store produce. The farms are beautiful too, large and green and lush, or loaded with orchard trees....my daughter went with me and we were drooling to live out there somewhere, even on a farm itself! It is so beautiful and spacious, not a house every thirty feet like where we are now!

We are considering moving in the future, but Long Island is SOOO expensive, even out East...

Have a Great Day! also check out my new recipe for "Brownie Bottom Cheesecake" on my cook book blog. My daughter helped me make it look "posh"! http://lupushopecookbook.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment