August 29, 2009

Insurance and Lupus

Thought of how odd my insurance profile looks compared to the average Lupus patient.

Maybe a Lupus patient would(many I have met on line)
1) See their primary care physicians
2) See their rheumatologist
3)Take prescription drugs(sometimes heavy duty chemo drugs)

My insurance is
1)regular primary care who I don't go to anymore(he likes to give a prescription for any complaint, but is a really good at diagnosing/testing)
2)See a chiropractor that does Active Release Therapy(covered)
3) See an acupunturist that does NAET(covered)
4) See a holistic/MD (well not any more!)
5) Take supplements, not medications(they don't see the supplements because I pay out of pocket for them)
6) The next doctor I go to will not be covered under insurance either(Ultrawellness in Massachusetts)
7) I heard maybe "medical massage" is covered I need to find a person to have that done too.

It is very saddening to me that for the care that I want I need to pay "out of pocket." I am trying to save up for it, but in this economy it is tough! Also many of the tests that are required for diagnosis are not covered under insurance. Also my copay went up significantly. Good luck with your treatment decisions and I will continue to pray for you all to get well and feel better!

1 comment:

  1. 12 years ago a doctor thought i might have lupus. a speashelist said no, 1st doc gace me intruction's chaged life (job,diet,ect) .two years ago i had tumer removed from neck,5 mouth's later during cold & flu seasond, i stared getting sick alot, 11 mouth after operation i started showing sighns of lupus agian but more server. heath in shrents ran out before a diognos was made, and still don't know for sure if i have lupus! i have found out alot more about it, sence then and even more conviset now that it may be a strong possibilty that i have lupus, BEEN SAVING FOR 1 YEAR NOW TO GET HEATH INSHRENTS, BUT LITTLE LUCK FINDING A INSHRENTS THAT COVERS LUPUS, LOOKING FOR BOTH PRIMERY & SUBMENTEL INSHRENTS THAT COVERS LUPUS.
    just in case becouse alot don't cover lupus.if you know of one that does, please tell me.(i would like to get it if just for peice of mind)!!!

    ReplyDelete