August 30, 2009

Peace amongst turmoil

I was flipping through the channels on TV the other night(watching TV by myself) and I happened to come across Joel Osteen.

Joel was preaching about how to listen to that "little voice inside"(God) and how it can say you are at peace with a decision OR you are having unrest with a decision. That "feeling in the pit of your stomach" that something isn't quite right, is the unrest (and I don't mean indigestion!)

I listened to his sermon and thought about how it related to me, in my life.

It fit many of the areas in my life, but here I will talk about doctors. I noticed that when I have gone to certain doctors I feel stressed. Some doctors I feel totally at peace with. That is not to say the doctor is bad or good........ just bad or good for me personally.

From the start, the Holistic MD I went to stressed me and continues to stress me when I think about her. When I got there my blood pressure was always up, and I just wanted the appointment to be over so I could relax again.

In my past there was a doctor that at first, I felt totally at peace with, and helped me immensely, but then as I learned more and needed more answers that she couldn't give, I was compelled to leave her. As much as I trusted her...my quest for wellness and information I was learning, outgrew the services she could provide.

I realize there are 3 doctors at this point that I feel totally at peace with...the chiropractor that does the ART(Active Release Therapy) , the acupuncturist that does NAET, and the functional medicine doctor that I have made an appt with for next year.

There are some things in life that cause stress and that can't be avoided...try to make those peaceful "inner voice" decisions as much as possble.

No comments:

Post a Comment